Join us on Sunday, June 10, 4:00 to 5:30 PM at St. John’s in the Village for "Taking Stock Today" discussion followed by sandwiches, salads, soft drinks, and dessert before liturgy.
The first part of our Jubilee discussions, “Recalling Our Roots,” was a great success last November. About 30 of us gathered to hear the recollections of some of our earliest members about Dignity/New York’s beginnings and feel the energy that started our movement. Discussion between the generations continued at a lively early dinner before liturgy.
On June 10, we will hold Part Two of the Jubilee discussions and look at where we are today. The DignityUSA Board has suggested a few questions to help focus the conversation:
1. How is DignityUSA different today than it was in the past? How are your local chapter and community different? How are YOU different?
2. Considering the passion and conviction that fueled our growth, how well is our “engine” running, (nationally and locally) in terms of inspiring passion, involvement, change, etc. – in service to our mission today?
3. Is the mission and purpose of Dignity still relevant today? If not, why not? If it is, what key challenges and opportunities do you see ahead?
4. With the benefit of hindsight, how has Dignity changed lives for the better, locally and nationally? Changed the Catholic community? Impacted the LGBTQ social justice movement?
5. What clues might the Spirit be giving us?
Please join us to offer your vital perspective on where Dignity is today as a movement, what challenges we face, and where we are going in the future.
RSVP to Jubilee50 at dignityny.org by June 3rd.